Preparing home-made cat food with Vegecat™ has a number of advantages:
Nutritionally complete meal
- Your cat is getting 100% of nutrients from a home cooked diet
- If you cook cat food at home without any supplements, you must ensure that your cat is getting enough of Taurine, Vitamin D2, Vitamin A, and the essential fatty acid arachidonate; these are rare nutrients, which is why supplementing is the best way to provide these nutrients for anyone cooking cat food at home
Full control over the ingredients
- Cooking cat meals at home gives the ability to select the ingredients you want
- You can include the ingredients your cat likes, and exclude those your cat doesn’t like
- For example, you can include sweet potato and green peas, and exclude corn and wheat
- By cooking cat food at home you have many options when it comes to formulating various flavours, so your cat can always have something different, which adds excitement and energy to your cat
- Cooking cat food at home and supplementing it is the most affordable way to feed your cat because you pay for shipping of only the vitamins and minerals, which have a small weight. The majority of the weight (and of the shipping cost) in dry kibble or canned food comes from other ingredients, but since you cook at home you buy all other ingredients from the local store and don’t have to pay for shipping of those ingredients.
Vegecat™ supplement for cats provides the nutrients cats require from non-animal sources, including: Taurine, Vitamin D2, Vitamin A, and the essential fatty acid arachidonate that is required for numerous vital metabolic processes. Vegecat™ has been used by the compassionate caretakers of numerous cats throughout the world and over many, many years.
Vegecat™ products contain the below rare nutrients cats require, all from non-animal source
Cats need dietary taurine (a secondary amino acid), but significant quantities occur naturally only in animal tissues. A shortage causes blindness and heart disease.
Through biosynthesis most mammals make vitamin A from the yellow pigment (carotene) found in vegetables. Cats lack this ability, making a dietary source of this vitamin, found naturally only in animal tissues, essential.
Vitamin D is another essential vitamin, found naturally only in animal tissues as vitamin D3. Vegecat™ contains vitamin D2.
The essential fatty acid arachidonate is rare in non-animal sources. Cats require it for numerous vital metabolic processes including reproduction.
Dried Yeast, Calcium Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Lysine, Choline Chloride, Arginine, Taurine, L-Methionine, Dried Kelp, Sodium Selenite, Ferrous Fumarate, d-alpha tocopherol acetate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Ergocalciferol
Crude Protein (min): 32%, Crude Fat (min): 4.5%, Crude Fiber (max): 0.5%, Moisture (max): 5%, Arginine (min): 4.0%, Lysine (min): 4.6%, Methionine (min): 2.9%, Calcium (min): 8.5%, Phosphorus (min): 2.3%, Potassium (min): 4.6%, Iron (min): 580 mg/kg, Copper (min): 35 mg/kg, Zinc (min): 500 mg/kg, Iodine (min): 10 mg/kg, Selenium (min): 4.86 mg/kg, Vitamin A (min): 70,000 IU/kg, Vitamin D2 (min): 9,300 IU/kg, Vitamin E (min): 860 IU/kg, Riboflavin (min): 55 mg/kg, Vitamin B12 (min): 0.66 mg/kg, Choline (min): 28,510 mg/kg, Taurine (min): 3.6%
SUPPLEMENT FACTS (per 100 grams)
Arginine: 4000mg, Lysine: 4600, Methionine: 2900, Calcium: 8500, Phosphorus: 2300, Potassium: 4600, Iron: 58 mg, Copper: 3.5 mg, Zinc: 50 mg, Iodine: 1 mg, Selenium: .486 mg, Vitamin A: 7000 IU, Vitamin D2: 930 IU, Vitamin E: 86 IU, Riboflavin: 5.5 mg, Vitamin B12: .066 mg, Choline: 2851 mg, Taurine: 3600
Use the kibble recipe (in the Vegecat™ instructions) to make a delicious kibble. Cut kibble pieces larger or smaller according to the size of your cats. You can certainly have your own recipes, but do ensure you add enough Vegecat™ (see amounts below).
10 pound (4.5 kg) cat would get 1 ¼ teaspoon (6 ml/5.3 g) per day of Vegecat™ supplement.
- SMALL bag of Vegecat™ lasts a 10 lb (4.5 kg) adult cat for 6 weeks.
- MEDIUM bag of Vegecat™ lasts a 10 lb (4.5 kg) adult cat for 3 months.
- LARGE bag of Vegecat™ lasts a 10 lb (4.5 kg) adult cat for 6 months.
Kittens (up to 12 months old) need Vegekit™ supplement, formulated for growth.Vegecat™ or Vegecat phi™?
Most adult cats thrive on Vegecat™. Furthermore, Vegecat™ is the preferred product for older cats with weaker kidneys, unless they have a known urinary issue, in which case Vegecat phi™ would be a better option.