Preparing home-made cat food with Vegecat™ has a number of advantages:
Nutritionally complete meal
- Your cat is getting 100% of nutrients from a home cooked diet
- If you cook cat food at home without any supplements, you must ensure that your cat is getting enough of Taurine, Vitamin D2, Vitamin A, and the essential fatty acid arachidonate; these are rare nutrients, which is why supplementing is the best way to provide these nutrients for anyone cooking cat food at home
Full control over the ingredients
- Cooking cat meals at home gives the ability to select the ingredients you want
- You can include the ingredients your cat likes, and exclude those your cat doesn’t like
- For example, you can include sweet potato and green peas, and exclude corn and wheat
- By cooking cat food at home you have many options when it comes to formulating various flavours, so your cat can always have something different, which adds excitement and energy to your cat
- Cooking cat food at home and supplementing it is the most affordable way to feed your cat because you pay for shipping of only the vitamins and minerals, which have a small weight. The majority of the weight (and of the shipping cost) in dry kibble or canned food comes from other ingredients, but since you cook at home you buy all other ingredients from the local store and don’t have to pay for shipping of those ingredients.
Vegecat™ supplement for cats provides the nutrients cats require from non-animal sources, including: Taurine, Vitamin D2, Vitamin A, and the essential fatty acid arachidonate that is required for numerous vital metabolic processes. Vegecat™ has been used by the compassionate caretakers of numerous cats throughout the world and over many, many years.
Vegecat™ products contain the below rare nutrients cats require, all from non-animal sources.
Cats need dietary taurine (a secondary amino acid), but significant quantities occur naturally only in animal tissues. A shortage causes blindness and heart disease.
Through biosynthesis most mammals make vitamin A from the yellow pigment (carotene) found in vegetables. Cats lack this ability, making a dietary source of this vitamin, found naturally only in animal tissues, essential.
Vitamin D is another essential vitamin, found naturally only in animal tissues as vitamin D3. Vegecat™ contains vitamin D2.
The essential fatty acid arachidonate is rare in non-animal sources. Cats require it for numerous vital metabolic processes including reproduction.INGREDIENTS
Dried kelp (source of arachidonate), Calcium carbonate, Monocalcium phosphate, DL-methionine, Taurine, Choline chloride, Dl-alphatocopheryl acetate, Ferrous sulfate, Zinc oxide, Vitamin A-palmitate, Copper sulfate, Ergocalciferol, Selenium, Vitamin B12
SUPPLEMENT FACTS (per 100 grams)
Calcium 10068 mg, Phosphorus 1253 mg, Methionine 3717 mg, Taurine 3585 mg, Choline 1895 mg, Arachidonate 400 mg, Vitamin E 227 IU, Iron 73 mg, Zinc 55 mg, Vitamin A 8963 IU, Copper 3.5 mg, Vitamin D2 896.3 IU, Selenium .135 mg, Vitamin B12 .036 mgRECIPES
Use the kibble recipe (in the Vegecat™ instructions) to make a delicious kibble. Cut kibble pieces larger or smaller according to the size of your cats. You can certainly have your own recipes, but do ensure you add enough Vegecat™ (see amounts below).FEEDING AMOUNTS
10 pound (4.5 kg) cat would get 1 ¼ teaspoon (6 ml/5.3 g) per day of Vegecat™ supplement.
- SMALL bag of Vegecat™ lasts a 10 lb (4.5 kg) adult cat for 6 weeks.
- MEDIUM bag of Vegecat™ lasts a 10 lb (4.5 kg) adult cat for 3 months.
- LARGE bag of Vegecat™ lasts a 10 lb (4.5 kg) adult cat for 6 months.
Kittens (up to 12 months old) need Vegekit™ supplement, formulated for growth. We currently don't carry Vegekit™, but please send us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. In the meantime, you can use our dry kibble formulas, such as Gourmet Maximum Life, that work very well for kittens.Vegecat™ or Vegecat phi™?
Most adult cats thrive on Vegecat™. Furthermore, Vegecat™ is the preferred product for older cats with weaker kidneys, unless they have a known urinary issue, in which case Vegecat phi™ would be a better option.