Cranimals Gold - 120 g
Used as a supplement for urinary, dental, skin, and neurological health of cats and dogs.
Cranimals GOLD is recommended for cats and dogs on a vegan diet, and also for growing puppies and kittens.
Cranimals GOLD, like its predecessor Cranimals ORIGINAL, uses cranberries as the main ingredient, but it also contains seaweed powder.
Cranimals ORIGINAL is 100% cranberry extract
Cranimals GOLD is 75% cranberry extract + 25% Seaweed powder
So in addition to urinary health and dental benefits from cranberries, dogs and cats receive 6 more benefits from the seaweed powder (see Benefits from Seaweed section below).
Product Key Features
- Form: powder
When to use Cranimals ORIGINAL vs. Cranimals GOLD
Some factors to consider:
- for growing puppies and kittens we recommend Cranimals GOLD since it has neurological, skin, and heart benefits; these benefits are much needed for a growing body
- adult dogs and cats without urinary issues can try Cranimals GOLD first because in addition to urinary and dental benefits, it also has skin, heart, brain and joint benefits
- for cats and dogs with a history of urinary health problems we recommend Cranimals ORIGINAL as it has a higher concentration of cranberry extract, which is the key ingredient for urinary health
- for cats and dogs with high pH of urine we also recommend using Cranimals ORIGINAL, as it is more acidic and helps balancing out the pH quicker than Cranimals GOLD
- for picky dogs and cats we recommend Cranimals ORIGINAL since not all animals like seaweed powder contained in Cranimals GOLD
Cranimals ORIGINAL is a human-grade product that can be used in smoothies, baking etc. Cranimals GOLD with the added seaweed powder has a limited number of human applications and is not recommended for human use
|Crude Protein (min)||16.2%||16.4%|
|Crude Fat content (min)||9.2%||15.1%|
|Crude Fibre (max)||41.5%||32.0%|
|Crude Ash (max)||3.0%||4.4%|
|Beta Carotene (min)*||-||9400 mg/kg|
|Total Omega 3 (min)||6.7%||5.4%|
|DHA Omega 3||-||4.2%|
|Anthocyanidins (min)*||4900 mg/kg||2925 mg/kg|
Urinary Health Benefits
- increases the acidity in the diet as vegan foods tend to be alkalizing
- prevents UTI's (Urinary Tract Infections)
- prevents FLUTD (crystals, blockages) by keeping urine's pH in the acidic range
- when pets do get UTI's, Cranimals has been clinically proven to work as an effective antibiotic
- strongly recommended for male cats on a vegan diet for cranberry's acidic properties (link)
- if you are using green superfoods such as GreenMush, Spirulina, Chlorella etc., it is recommended to add acidifying agents such as Cranimals or VegeYeast
- green superfoods have an alkaline effect on the body and it needs to be neutralized with something acidic
How do cranberries help with urinary health?
The cranberry extract contains PAC's (proanthocyanidins).
Research studies (References below) have shown that the phytochemicals in cranberries inhibit the adhesion of E. coli*, which is the bacteria responsible for most urinary tract infections, to the lining of the urinary tract, thus preventing the UTI's from happening.
The phytochemicals found in cranberries are anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and antioxidant.
Furthermore, the cranberry extract is acidic and counteracts the alkaline effect of vegan diets and green superfoods. Healthy pH prevents crystal formation and urinary blockages in cats and dogs.
Dental Health Benefits
- Cranimals GOLD discourages the growth of plaque on teeth and gums
- exhibits the same anti-adhesion effect in oral cavities as in the lining of the urinary tract
Benefits from Seaweed
DHA Omega 3
Seaweed powder contains DHA, which is a long chain Omega 3 fatty acid extracted from a sustainable source of microalgae.
DHA Omega 3 is a natural anti-inflammatory agent, important for neurological, skin, brain, eye, and heart health in growing puppies and kittens, as well as in adult cats and dogs.
DHA Omega 3 is used by animal's metabolism immediately. Compare and contrast to short chain Omega 3 acids (ALA's found in flax oil): it may take up to 37 grams of ALA’s to make the same amount of DHA found in 1 gram of Cranimals GOLD.
The antioxidant beta carotene contributes to healthy eyes, skin, membranes and immune function.
Choline contributes to proper cell signaling, mental acuity and joint health.
Together, DHA Omega 3, Beta Carotene and Choline have 6 benefits:
- Eye benefits
- Skin benefits
- Brain benefits
- Heart function
- Immune system
- Joint health
- Simply mix Cranimals GOLD with your cat or dog's dry or wet food every day
- Add to snacks, for example, to peanut butter
- If you are using green superfoods such GreenMush, Spirulina, Chlorella etc., it is recommended to add acidifying agents such as Cranimals or VegeYeast
- Cat, puppy or small dog (1-10kg) – 1 level tsp./day
- Medium-sized dog (11-25 kg) – 2 level tsp./day
- Large or Giant breed dogs (26-62 kg) – 2.5 level tsp./day
Cranberry extract powder (75%), dried seaweed meal powder
|Crude Protein (min)||16.4%|
|Crude Fat content (min)||15.1%|
|Crude Fibre (max)||32.0%|
|Crude Ash (max)||4.4%|
|Beta Carotene (min)*||9400 mg/kg|
|Total Omega 3 (min)||5.4%|
|DHA Omega 3||4.2%|
|Anthocyanidins (min)*||2925 mg/kg|
*Chou HI, Chen KS, Wang HC, Lee WM. Cranberry-derived proanthocyanidins induce a differential transcriptomic response within Candida albicans urinary biofilms. PLoS One 2018; 13(8): e0201969
*Ofek I, Goldhar J, Zafriri D, Lis H, Adar R, Sharon N. Anti-Escherichia coli adhesion activity of cranberry and blueberry juices. New England Journal of Medicine 1991;324:1599–1599
*Zafriri D, Ofek I, Adar R, Pocino M, Sharon N. Inhibitory activity of cranberry juice on adherence of type 1 and type P fimbriated Escherichia coli to eucaryotic cells. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 1989;33:92–98