Cranimals Original - 120 g
Used as a supplement for urinary and dental health of cats and dogs.
Recommended for all cats and dogs on plant-based diets for UTI prevention, healthy urinary pH level, and dental health.
- increases the acidity in the diet as vegan foods tend to be alkalizing
- prevents UTI's (Urinary Tract Infections)
- prevents FLUTD (crystals, blockages) by keeping urine's pH in the acidic range
- when pets do get UTI's, Cranimals ORIGINAL has been clinically proven to work as an effective antibiotic
- strongly recommended for male cats on a vegan diet for cranberry's acidic properties (link)
- if you are using green superfoods such GreenMush, Spirulina, Chlorella etc., it is recommended to add acidifying agents such as Cranimals or VegeYeast
- green superfoods have an alkaline effect on the body and it needs to be neutralized with something acidic
- Cranimals ORIGINAL discourages the growth of plaque on teeth and gums
- exhibits the same anti-adhesion effect in oral cavities as in the lining of the urinary tract
- 100% organic, GMO-Free
- Human-grade (can be used in smoothies)
How does it work
The cranberry extract contains PAC's (proanthocyanidins).
Research studies (References below) have shown that the phytochemicals in cranberries inhibit the adhesion of E. coli*, which is the bacteria responsible for most urinary tract infections, to the lining of the urinary tract, thus preventing the UTI's from happening.
A single dose of Cranimals ORIGINAL provides ~2000 mg of pure unadulterated food grade cranberry extract, the most concentrated source of (PAC's) currently available on the market.
Cranimals ORIGINAL had equivalent performance to a common antibiotic prescribed for UTIs in pets, when following dosage directions on the label.
The phytochemicals found in cranberries are anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and antioxidant.
Furthermore, the cranberry extract is acidic and counteracts the alkaline effect of vegan diets and green superfoods. Healthy pH prevents crystal formation and urinary blockages in cats and dogs.
- Simply mix Cranimals ORIGINAL with your cat or dog's dry or wet food every day
- Add to snacks, for example, to peanut butter
- If you are using green superfoods such GreenMush, Spirulina, Chlorella etc., it is recommended to add acidifying agents such as Cranimals or VegeYeast
- Cat, puppy or small dog (1-10kg) – 1 level tsp./day
- Medium-sized dog (11-25 kg) – 2 level tsp./day
- Large or Giant breed dogs (26-62 kg) – 2.5 level tsp./day
Certified organic cranberry extract
Crude protein (min.) – 16.2%
Crude fat (min.) – 9.2%
Crude fiber (max) – 41.5%
Moisture (max) – 4.8%
Crude Ash (max) – 3%
Omega 3 – 6.7%
Anthocyanidins – 4900mg/kg
*Chou HI, Chen KS, Wang HC, Lee WM. Cranberry-derived proanthocyanidins induce a differential transcriptomic response within Candida albicans urinary biofilms. PLoS One 2018; 13(8): e0201969
*Ofek I, Goldhar J, Zafriri D, Lis H, Adar R, Sharon N. Anti-Escherichia coli adhesion activity of cranberry and blueberry juices. New England Journal of Medicine 1991;324:1599–1599
*Zafriri D, Ofek I, Adar R, Pocino M, Sharon N. Inhibitory activity of cranberry juice on adherence of type 1 and type P fimbriated Escherichia coli to eucaryotic cells. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 1989;33:92–98